2014 GRANT APPLICATION IS OPEN
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 21, 2014.
The Creative Capital | Warhol Foundation Arts Writers Grant Program supports individual writers whose work addresses contemporary visual art through grants in the following categories: Article, Blog, Book, New and Alternative Media, and Short-Form Writing. Grants range from $5,000 to $50,000, depending on the needs and scope of the project.
Designed to encourage and reward writing about contemporary art that is rigorous, passionate, eloquent, and precise, as well as to create a broader audience for arts writing, the Arts Writers Grant Program aims to strengthen the field as a whole and to ensure that critical writing remains a valued mode of engaging the visual arts. For guidelines and eligibility criteria, click here. To apply click here.
Art Writing Workshop
In partnership with the International Association of Art Critics/USA Section, the Arts Writers Grant Program offers applicants consultations with leading art critics. For more information, please click here.
2014 GRANT CALENDAR
APRIL 16: Application Opens
MAY 21: Application Closes
OCT 1: Finalists Notified
DEC 4: Grantees Announced
ED FUENTES blogs about murals in Las Vegas at Paint This Desert.
Undermining, by LUCY LIPPARD, is out now from The New Press. More Information
SHARON BUTLER blogs about painting at Two Coats of Paint.
ANDREW HORWITZ blogs about object-oriented aesthetics at Ephemeral Objects.
- The Artist’s House, by Kirsty Bell, is out now from Sternberg Press. More Information.
- Earth Sound Earth Signal, by DOUGLAS KAHN, is out on University of California Press. More Information.
- HARBEER SANDHU blogs about art in Houston at Texphrastic.
- No Medium, by CRAIG DWORKIN, is out on MIT Press. More Information
- 60 wrd/min art critic, by LORI WAXMAN, is out on One Star Press. More Information.
- What Was Contemporary Art?,
by RICHARD MEYER, is out on MIT Press. More Information.
- MEG ONLI blogs about contemporary black visual culture at Black Visual Archive.